Thursday, April 11, 2013

Cake Decorating Class Week 2!

As you may or may not know, I've recently started a Wilton Cake Decorating course! And as I type this right now, I am currently enjoying the very first piece of my very first finished cake from class. I don't mean to toot my own horn too much but I am extremely impressed with how it came out, both in flavor and presentation!

See what I mean?? I wish I could upload how it smells and tastes too! And this is just my second week of class!  Of course it probably helps that I've been watching my dad  do it since I was little but I'm so thankful that a lot of the techniques and practices that I am learning are flowing so naturally. It's fun to watch the instructor do something and think "I already know how to do that!". I actually feel kinda smart and my self esteem goes through the roof!  I can DO this! I'm actually good at something!  
The class itself is such a great time. Our instructor, Nicole, has been such a joy to learn from!  There's about 13 or 14 of us in the group (including one guy!) and everyone is friendly, enthusiastic and ready to learn! It's a very hand-on class and you learn as you go! I think my favorite part so far was learning the icing recipe! I've been trying to replicate the recipe my dad and grandma have been using for YEARS and couldn't get it right until now. It is the exact same one they use and eating it brings me right back to my childhood days! It's a wonderful feeling!! :)
Every Wednesday there is a new class and there are 4 courses total to take!! I'm really looking forward to taking them all. Next week we will be working on CUPCAKE decorating and filling! Anyone who knows me knows that I absolutely looooove cupcakes! As soon as I have pics of the final products, I will definitely post pics for you all to see! I won't be able to make it for the very last class unfortunately but I think I have a pretty good excuse for missing it ;):

HELLO :-D


Phew! Between this and my Gordon Ramsay project starting up very soon, I'm going to be surrounded by delicious food and baked goods! Is there anything better in life? I don't think so ;). Although to balance it out,I guess I'll have to start hitting the gym harder and more often. BOOOO!! But it's worth it I guess. As a friend of mine said just today "Life is Short, Eat Dessert First!". I don't think I've ever agreed with anything more in my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment