Monday, November 11, 2013

Day 11: To Our Veterans

4 days in a row. I'm on a roll here!! And I'm glad I get the chance to write this. Today's post is a no-brainer.
My Grandfather Warren
My Grandfather George




















Today is Veterans Day. Despite what you may think of war or our current political situation in this country, there is one thing we can all agree on: All of our veterans, retired or currently serving, put their lives on the line so that we may live freely and for that they deserve our utmost respect and admiration. Some have returned from the front lines to tell the tale. and others paid the ultimate price. It's a day to thank those who voluntarily put their lives on the line so that we may live freely.

Somehow I have pictures of both of my grandpa's in their military garb ready and available but I can't find one of my dad amongst all the random photos I have. He belongs right up there with those two men, serving this great country of ours in the United States Air Force in the late 70's/early 80's. The next time i'm at my parents house i'll have to grab one and add it on here a little later. My grandfather Warren served in the Army and fought in World War 2. My Grandfather George also served in the Army and fought in the Korean War. He still reminisces about his time served over there. He may be falling prey to Alzhemiers as he gets older, but he can still remember those days. These men are true heroes, as are all our veterans, and I am extremely proud of them!

Happy Veterans Day to all!




No comments:

Post a Comment